Read the Regulations carefully for information on:
- the types of theses that can be presented
- how to determine the admission score for the final exam
- assessment criteria for the final exam
To be admitted to the final exam, students must do upload a digital copy of the thesis in PDF/A format by accessing - from UNIMIA -> SIFA Online Services -> Administrative services -> graduation application -> Thesis upload.
You cannot apply for graduation without uploading the thesis within the deadline.
Create a PDF/A file of your thesis starting from a Word or LibreOffice document (follow instructions on the video tutorial).
To be awarded a bachelor's or master's degree students may sit the final exam on set dates distributed in three sessions and four rounds minimum each year:
- first session: from May to July
- second session: from September to December
- third session: from February to April
Students who graduate by the third session of academic year need not pay the first instalment for next academic year.
To graduate students must:
- Be current with tuition and fees until the last year of enrolment
- Pass all the exams required by your last approved study plan, within the deadlines
- Agree on the thesis title with your supervisor before applying for graduation
- Apply for graduation and pay the graduation fee
- Fill in the upcoming graduate survey
- Comply with programme-specific formalities and deadlines for each session
The graduation application must be submitted online by the deadline set for your session. Do not hand it in to the Student Registrar.
The payment of the € 116.00 graduation fee (including the € 16.00 stamp duty) may be made through Pago PA:
- when submitting the online application, or
- after submitting the graduation application, through the payment service
Upcoming graduate survey
Upcoming graduates are required to fill in the survey within the term set for each session.
You can access the survey only after submitting the graduation application.
Failure to fill in the survey by the deadline will result in exclusion from the graduation session.
Deadlines, procedures and graduation calendars
Deadlines, calendars and procedures are different depending on the degree programme.
Each application is valid for a single exam session.
Students who forfeit an exam must promptly notify the Registrar through the Informastudenti Service. Students must submit another application through the online procedure, indicating the newly chosen exam session.
Once paid, the graduation fee is valid for the new session also. Postponements are not allowed.
Upcoming graduates may submit any documents to the degree board for the awarding of two additional points, as provided for by the new Regulations. The documents must be sent to the student office of the Faculty of Law (Via Festa del Perdono 3) by the graduation application deadline.
You do not need to submit any documents or information that are already held by the student office (e.g.: weighted average, year of enrolment, study abroad).
- Final exams: from 11 to 22 July 2022
- Online application for graduation: from 26 April to 26 May 2022
- Graduand questionnaire completion deadline: within 27 May 2022
- Deadline for completing exams: 24 June 2022
- Online thesis submission: within 24 June 2022
- Final exams: from 3 to 28 October 2022
- Online application for graduation: from 18 July to 2 September 2022
- Graduand questionnaire completion deadline: within 3 September 2022
- Deadline for completing exams: 16 September 2022
- Online thesis submission: within 16 September 2022
- Final exams: from 13 to 28 February 2023
- Online application for graduation: from 15 November to 22 December 2022
- Graduand questionnaire completion deadline: within 23 December 2022
- Deadline for completing exams: 20 January 2023
- Online thesis submission: within 20 January 2023
- Final exams: from 20 March to 21 April 2023
- Online application for graduation: from 9 to 31 January 2023
- Graduand questionnaire completion deadline: within 1 February 2023
- Deadline for completing exams: 24 February 2023
- Online thesis submission: within 24 February 2023
The extraordinary session is reserved for students with no more than two exams pending at the time of the graduation application.
The degree programmes will set extraordinary exam sessions in May 2022, only students who have submitted their graduation application for the extraordinary graduation session academic year 2020/2021 will be able to access.
- Final exams: from 7 June 2022 to 15 June 2022
- Online application for graduation: from 21 March 2022 to 8 April 2022
- Graduand questionnaire completion deadline: within 8 April 2022
- Exam session for students with no more than two exams pending at the time of the graduation application: form 9 May 2022 to 20 May 2022
- Deadline for completing exams: 20 May 2022
- Online thesis submission (only on completed exams): from 21 March 2022 al 23 May 2022